The main components of an audio-visual system include:
- An Audio Component: This is the part of the system responsible for verbal communication. Microphones and speakers are the most common components used for verbal communication in an audio-visual system.
- A Visual Component: This is the part of the system responsible for non-verbal communication or visual communication (communicating through sight). Displays and cameras are the most common components used for visual communication in an audio-visual system.
- Audio Visual Conferencing Technology: This is the technology or platform(s) that allow two or more people to communicate in real time using audio and visual components.
- AV Control Panel: This is a component of the AV technology that allows the user to interact with the hardware and software features of an audio-visual system. Control panels make managing and interacting with audio-visual system components easier for the user by consolidating them into a single interface.
- Connectivity: This simply refers to the IT infrastructure that supports audio-visual communication, transporting communications between network users, components, and devices.