Director of BIM
Louis DeAlba, BIM Director, is well-versed in design engineering and project management with nearly 15 years of experience. Prior to joining the Engineering PLUS team, Mr. DeAlba held several BIM and engineering design roles within the AEC industry where he has honed and mastered his technical and BIM expertise.
As head of BIM, Louis is charged with creating the BIM standards for the Technology Group as well as managing a team of BIM experts. He is well versed in project and template set-up, post project QAQC, project goals/guidelines, internal/external team workflows, and project coordination. Mr. DeAlba excels at client relationship management and ensuring project workflows are met. He is experienced in Autodesk Revit, AutoCad, Navisworks, AGI/Visual, and SKM/Power Tools. Mr. DeAlba serves as an integral role in the decision-making process on what software, workflows, and BIM standards are best suited for company and client satisfaction.
He began his career as an AutoCAD Technician and through countless years of hard work has moved up the ranks becoming a BIM subject matter expert. Mr. DeAlba has been recognized for his efforts and received the 2017 Negocios Now Chicago Latinos 40 Under 40, 2016 Consulting-Specifying Engineers’ 40 Under 40 Award, 2015 Honorable Mention in the Illuminating Engineering Society’s Luminaire Design Competition, and the 2014 Primera Engineers Volunteer Service Employee of the Year.
Mr. DeAlba received his undergraduate degree from Westwood College.
- BIM Manager and Electrical Designer (CTA Subway Cellular Upgrade)
- Lead BIM and electrical designer for the CTA Subway Cellular Upgrade, which was a design build project including 22 stations and over 10 miles of subway tunnels
- As part of the design build project the existing RFP drawings (approximately 175 drawings not including subway track drawings) needed to be updated with the new vendor specific equipment layouts, routing and circuiting
- BIM Manager and Electrical Designer (South Water Plant Filter Backwash Replacement)
- Lead BIM and electrical designer for the design of the power distribution system for 120 filter beds, new electrical actuators and control devices at the South Water Purification Plant
- Project included in-depth field survey, re-creating of existing conditions in 3D digital format in the absence of as-built documentation and coordination with on-going power distribution system equipment replacement projects