President | CEO
- BICSI Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD), LAN Specialist BICSI Member
- IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- NCEES National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- ISPE – Illinois Society of Professional Engineers
- NSPE – National Society of Professional Engineers
- AFCOM – Association for Computer Operations Management (Participant)
- Avixa – Corporate member of
- HTNG – Hotel Technology Next Generation, Member and Fiber to the Room workgroup participant
- ECVA – Electric Vehicle Charging Association participant
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE), licensed in 34-states
James J. McGlynn (Jim) President and CEO, founded Engineering PLUS in 1996. With more than 30 years of technology systems and electrical design experience, Jim is the Engineering PLUS brand ambassador, oversees the business development and manages in-house quality control and peer review Engineering PLUS deliverables.
Jim is known for his depth of design experience and global industry reach. As a client advocate, Jim’s role is to advise clients on how develop, budget, and implement their technology vision, and carry that vision through to final post construction acceptance and beyond.
The firm’s culture as formulated by Mr. McGlynn has always been premium quality service and ultra-responsiveness that leads to overall project success for the client, architects, construction managers and the integration and contracting team. Notable quote “the ultimate project success lies in the hands of the installers, so we respect them as we would the client”.
In the evolving world of technology, IoT, Green energy and on-line communications of all:
- Audio Visual Interactive Collaboration Systems
- Network Cabling Infrastructure Design
- Physical Security Systems
- Wireless LAN Design and Implementation
- Cellular DAS In-Building Design & Project Management
- Data Center & Co-Lo Design and Management
- Green Energy Technology Solution’s (GETS)
- Workplace Technology
- Smart Building Integration
- Commissioning and Site Audits
- Remote DC Power Transmission systems
- Hotel Technology Solutions
- Critical Power Systems Complete
Jim holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) in 1987.
- Lincoln Yards Campus, Sterling Bay – EV, Microgrid and Smart City Technology Strategies
- Develop Day-1 and Future provisioning strategies for AC/DC Power Storage for overall carbon footprint reduction. This includes Electric vehicle charging, pedestrian electrical bikes/scooter charging, IoT for traffic and parking management systems, and a vast array of intelligent data collection and management solutions
- 1000M Chicago Residential Highrise – Electrical, Cabling Infrastructure and Smart-Home Systems
- IT, AV Wi-Fi and Security Design for the 73-story luxury residential tower consisting of 738 dwelling units and several amentia spaces, parking facilities and back-of-house services
- John G. Shedd Aquarium, Chicago – Technology Systems Audit and Evaluation
- Major renovation to impact the existing data network. Provided infrastructure assessment and recommendations report to assist the technology department in developing this SOW
- MPEA McCormick Pier Exposition Authority, Chicago – Campus Technology Refresh
- Preparation of a DAS system Request for Proposal (RFP) Solicitation and Award of Design-Build DAS integrator proposals. Work with the successful DAS integrator to confirm that they properly develop the design of the DAS system per the project requirements and also manage their deliverable timelines
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Global Security Operations Center, Lexington Mass. – GSOC Monitoring Center
- Security, Audio Visual and IT Cabling Infrastructure Systems Consulting Services
- Develop a Best-In-Class Operations Monitoring system design for active visual monitoring and command and control communications for the USA based Takeda security department.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois – Data Center Design and Renovation (Electrical and Data Connectivity)
- Provide consulting to HCSC in-house AutoCAD design resources. Assist with design and specifications for nationwide HCSC IT projects.
- Perform site walk-throughs to establish Project design criteria and document existing field conditions.
- One Chicago Square Residential Highrise – Electrical, Cabling Infrastructure
- Electrical Engineer of Record, for Permit Drawing Services and technology design of the Fiber Optic Administration Network systems
- Mandaring Oriental Hotel Group Hotel and Luxury Residences, Boca Raton and Grand Cayman
- IT&T standards update – data infrastructure, cable plant systems, security systems, audio visual entertainment systems, air conditioning/ventilation systems, electrical systems and audio visual systems
- Cellular DAS Refresh Project – CBRE 300E Randolph, Chicago
- In-building cellular enhancement design and audit, DAS system Request for Proposal (RFP) solicitation and award of Design-Build DAS integrator proposals. Work with the successful DAS integrator to confirm that they properly develop the design of the DAS system per the project requirements and also manage their deliverable timelines.
- Digikey Fulfillment Center, Thief River Falls, Minnesota – Data Center and Warehouse Technology systems
- Onsite design services and for the 1,024,000 square foot distribution warehouse that includes approximately 50,000 s.f. of mission critical data center white space. Onsite assessment of existing data centers. Evaluate the data from the onsite assessment to determine viable options to re-design and consolidate the existing data centers.
- Horizon Global Headquarters, Deerfield, IL – Corporate Office Renovation
- Audio Visual Systems Design, Communications and Physical Security for the conversion of the Takeda HQ to the iconic Horizon Global Headquarters.
- 440,000 RSF, 3-building campus renovation.
- located at 1 Horizon Way, Deerfield, IL.