James J. McGlynn (Jim) President and CEO, founded Engineering PLUS in 1996. With more than 30 years of technology systems and electrical design experience, Jim is the Engineering PLUS brand ambassador, oversees the business development and manages in-house quality control and peer review Engineering PLUS deliverables.
Jim is known for his depth of design experience and global industry reach. As a client advocate, Jim’s role is to advise clients on how develop, budget, and implement their technology vision, and carry that vision through to final post construction acceptance and beyond.
The firm’s culture as formulated by Mr. McGlynn has always been premium quality service and ultra-responsiveness that leads to overall project success for the client, architects, construction managers and the integration and contracting team. Notable quote “the ultimate project success lies in the hands of the installers, so we respect them as we would the client”.
In the evolving world of technology, IoT, Green energy and on-line communications of all:
- Audio Visual Interactive Collaboration Systems
- Network Cabling Infrastructure Design
- Physical Security Systems
- Wireless LAN Design and Implementation
- Cellular DAS In-Building Design & Project Management
- Data Center & Co-Lo Design and Management
- Green Energy Technology Solution’s (GETS)
- Workplace Technology
- Smart Building Integration
- Commissioning and Site Audits
- Remote DC Power Transmission systems
- Hotel Technology Solutions
- Critical Power Systems Complete
Jim holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) in 1987.